This qualification forms part of a structured and progressive programme of spectator safety qualifications, designed to offer the learner initial access and involvement in stewards at spectator events.
What does this qualification cover?
The L2 AUSSE assessment will require you to complete tasks in the following areas:
* Knowledge of your organisational structure
* Knowledge of your venue layout
* Dealing with conflict
* Dealing with accidents
* Dealing with emergencies
* Hazard analysis
* Qualification knowledge review
* Live event observation of stewarding under supervision
What you gain from the qualification
You will develop your knowledge and skills to effectively:
* Prepare for spectator events
* Control the entry, exit and movement of spectators at events
* Monitor crowds and respond to potential crowd problems at spectator events
* Respond to injuries, illnesses and other emergencies in active leisure and learning.
Successful completion of the award will help:
* To gain employment as an event steward.
* As part of the development of a credible CV for employment in spectator safety.
* As a stepping-stone to the 1st4sport Level 2 NVQ in Spectator Safety (L2NVQSS) or progression to the 1st4sport Level 3 NVQ in Spectator Safety (L3NVQSS).